Presented by Boston Sings BOSS Scholastic Competition
Please see the full events listing for upcoming events.
The opening night of the Boston Sings (BOSS) A Cappella Festival is a scholastic competition featuring seven groups from across the country, as well as a special performance by Boston-based, neo-vocal pop band Birdland Avenue.
- Amazin’ Blue (University of Michigan)
- UNT Green Tones (University of North Texas)
- One Note Stand A Cappella (University of Texas–Austin)
- Mixed Mode (University of Central Florida)
- No Southern Accent (University of Florida)
- The Unisons (Northeastern University)
- VOLT (University of Tennessee–Knoxville)
With a unique blend and contemporary style, Birdland Avenue creates evocative music that blurs the lines between pop, neo-soul, and R&B. The three birds—Evan Linsey, Kayla Pichichero, and Toria Rainey—started singing together in college and formed the band in 2016. From three-part harmonies to percussion, they produce every sound with the human voice, using loop stations, samplers, and transformative effects to create their sound.