Note: The below appeal process and form is intended only for those involved in disciplinary cases with the Office of Community Standards. If you are appealing financial or admissions decisions, please contact the appropriate office.
Appeal requests must be submitted to the Office of Community Standards within five (5) business days of the decision being sent. Before submitting an appeal, please carefully read all communications sent to you about the case you are interested in appealing, and review the Student Code of Community Standards.
Appeal requests must fall into one of the following three categories:
- The student has new evidence that was not available prior to the original hearing.
- The hearing process as outlined was not adhered to during the student's original hearing.
- The sanction is disproportionate to the violation for which the student was found responsible.
Upon receipt of the appeal request, the Office of Community Standards shall evaluate the request and decide whether an appeal hearing will be granted. If an appeal hearing is granted, the Office of Community Standards will inform the student of an appeal hearing. The Office of Community Standards may determine an outcome based on the information provided in the appeal without further action of the student(s) involved or participation in an additional hearing. If an appeal hearing is not being granted, an official response from the Office of Community Standards as to why the appeal request is being denied will be sent.
Appeal hearing decisions will either:
- affirm the original decision(s); or
- modify/reverse the original decision(s) and/or sanction(s).
Please submit your appeal by completing the appeal request form here.