Annie Lennox Delivers Commencement Address
More than 1,050 graduates from 60 countries received degrees at Berklee's 2013 commencement, held at the Agganis Arena at Boston University. Berklee president Roger H. Brown presented honorary doctor of music degrees to Carole King, Willie Nelson, and Annie Lennox.
Willie Nelson, Annie Lennox, and a host of talented Berklee students perform at Berklee’s 2013 commencement concert.
Stats on the Class of 2013
- How many graduates? 1,053
- How many women graduates? 327 (31%)
- How many men graduates? 726 (69%)
- How many countries are represented? 60 (including Taiwan)
- What's the percentage of graduates from outside of the United States? 36%
- Which countries beyond the U.S. have the most graduates?
South Korea (67)
TIE: Japan and Mexico (22 each)
- How many U.S. states are represented? 46 (plus the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico)
- What U.S. state has the most graduates?
New York (60)
- States with only one graduate each: District of Columbia, Iowa, Idaho, Kentucky, Mississippi, Oklahoma, West Virginia, Wyoming
- What U.S. city has the most graduates?
Boston (17) Los Angeles/New York (10) Miami/Philadelphia (7)
- How many graduates are from the diploma program? 102 students
- How many graduates are from the degree program? 951 students
- How many graduates are dual majors? 125 students
- How many graduates are single majors? 928 students
- What are the three most popular majors?
Professional Music (232)
Music Business/Management (118)
- How old are the oldest and youngest graduates?
Oldest: 57 (born 1955)
Youngest: 19 (born 1994)
- What are the three most popular years of birth?
- What are the three most popular instruments?
- What are the most common first names for men and women?
Men: Matthew (18), Michael (17), Daniel (17), Alexander (16), David (14)
Women: Sarah (7), Jessica (5), Nicole (5), Caitlin (4), Kelsey (4)
Statistics were provided by Sarah Landry, graduation and curriculum coordinator.