The Grammys get the spotlight for a music college, but Berklee songwriters and film composers make their mark in the movie world as well. Here are just a few of ourAcademy Award winners—we welcome additions to the list.
- Melissa Etheridge '80: best music, original song, "I Need to Wake Up," An Inconvenient Truth (2007)
- Quincy Jones '51: Jean Hersholt Humanitarian Award (1995)
- Michael Semanick '85: achievement in sound mixing, King Kong (2006) and Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2004)
- Howard Shore '69: best music, original score and best music, original song, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2004); best music, original score, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2002)
- Eugene Gearty '82: achievement in sound editing, Hugo (2011)