Accepted Graduate Students: Next Steps Fall 2020
As you prepare to study online, all students must review and complete the following enrollment steps:
All registered students taking credit hours—regardless of where you are—are automatically enrolled in and billed for the Berklee Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP) offered by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.
If you want to keep the SHIP, you do not need to take any action except to pay the charge on your student account.
If you do not want to keep the SHIP, you must take one of the following actions:
- If you will be in Massachusetts for the fall 2020 semester, you will need to demonstrate that your own insurance plan is comparable to the SHIP, regardless of your citizenship. Please note that out-of-state HMOs, out-of-state Medicaid plans, and all international health plans are not comparable, and your request to waive the SHIP will be declined.
- If you will not be in Massachusetts, but will be in the United States for the fall 2020 semester:
- Domestic students may be able to waive the SHIP with a plan that is not typically considered to be a comparable plan with the SHIP. These include out-of-state HMOs and out-of-state Medicaid plans. However, you will still need to demonstrate proof of coverage wherever you are located in order to request a waiver for the SHIP.
- International students may not waive the SHIP since international health plans are not comparable.
- If you will not be in the United States for the fall 2020 semester:
- U.S. citizens may be able to waive the SHIP with a plan that is not typically considered to be a comparable plan with the SHIP. These include out-of-state HMOs and out-of-state Medicaid plans. However, you will still need to demonstrate proof of coverage wherever you are located in order to request a waiver for the SHIP.
- Non-U.S. citizens may be able to waive the SHIP with a plan that is not typically considered to be a comparable plan with the SHIP, such as international health plans or a government-sponsored health plan in your home country. However, you will still need to demonstrate proof of coverage wherever you are located in order to request a waiver for the SHIP.
If your request to waive the SHIP is approved, your Berklee bill will be updated.
Please note: If you will be taking any classes in the spring 2021 semester while physically being in Massachusetts and you were able to waive the SHIP for fall 2020 with an out-of-state HMO, out-of-state Medicaid plan, or an international health plan, you will be billed for the SHIP on a prorated basis. Spring SHIP coverage runs from January 1, 2021, through August 14, 2021.
To request a waiver, please go to gallagherstudent.com/berklee and follow the prompts. For information about the waiver process, enrollment, coverage, or insurance verification letters, visit gallagherstudent.com/berklee and click the Customer Service link. If you plan to request a waiver, please have your health insurance ID card and related documents available so you can complete the form.
If you have any questions about your billing statement, please contact email@example.com.
The 2020 graduate student orientations will take place Tuesday, September 1 through Saturday, September 5 in a virtual format. All incoming graduate students are required to be in attendance beginning at 9:30 a.m. on Tuesday, September 1.
Please review important information on the graduate orientation page (login required) in preparation for orientation to start. More information will be released soon with a formal 2020 schedule, but if you have questions or need more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a graduate student at Berklee College of Music, you are required to own an Apple laptop computer that meets certain standards established by the academic and technology leadership of the college. Your computer must be capable of running the most current Mac OS X operating system. In most cases, if your computer is fewer than three years old, it will meet the needs of your coursework. Please note, however, that over time, older computers may become incompatible with newer applications and operating systems. Any of the current MacBook Pro laptop models meet the requirements.
Please review the technology requirements webpage in preparation for the fall semester.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
All restrictions on your account must be cleared before you are able to check in for the semester. Log in to the Student Portal and select "Semester Check-In" in the Check-In section to view and resolve your restrictions.
All entering and transfer students must submit a completed Berklee Entering Student Immunization Form to Magnus Health, Berklee’s provider for collecting, managing, and tracking immunization information. You should receive an email from Magnus Health to the email address that is connected to your application with information on how to access your Magnus Health account. This step in your acceptance process cannot be completed until Magnus Health emails you with your login credentials. Please be aware that it may take up to a week from your admittance to the institution for your Magnus Health account to be active. Go to Berklee's Immunization Requirements page for more detailed information.
We understand that meeting these deadlines may present a challenge, particularly if you are not going to be physically located in Massachusetts. If you are unable to meet the deadline to submit your immunization requirements, please contact Health and Wellness at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about completing your next steps.