Directions and Parking
The Berklee Performance Center is located at 136 Massachusetts Avenue, just south of Boylston Street. Situated in Boston's Back Bay, the theater is easily accessible by "T," car, and bus.
By "T": Take the Green Line to the Hynes Convention Center stop. Exit left onto Massachusetts Avenue and cross Boylston Street. The Berklee Performance Center is about 30 yards from the corner. Consult the MBTA Web site for bus routes and schedules.
From points west: Take the Massachusetts Turnpike (Interstate 90) east to exit 22 (Prudential Center exit), which begins in a tunnel. When you reach this exit, bear left onto street level and stay left onto Huntington Avenue. Merge into the right lane and turn right at the third traffic light onto Massachusetts Avenue. The Berklee Performance Center is on your right, just past the third light.
From points due south: Take Route 93 north (Southeast Expressway) to the Massachusetts Avenue/Roxbury exit (a right-lane exit). Turn right onto Massachusetts Avenue at the traffic light. Continue on Massachusetts Avenue. The Berklee Performance Center is on your right, at the intersection of Mass Ave. and Boylston Street.
From points due north: Take Route 93 south or Route 1 south. These roads converge at Boston's central artery. Follow the signs for Storrow Drive heading west and stay in the center lane. Take the Fenway exit and get into the left lane. Make a hard left onto Boylston Street and continue to the Massachusetts Avenue intersection. Turn right. The Berklee Performance Center is on the left, about 30 yards from the corner.
Limited metered parking is available on the streets surrounding the Berklee Performance Center and Berklee College of Music.
Parking is also available at nearby parking garages:
- The Hynes Auditorium Garage, located on 50 Dalton Street next to Bukowski's Tavern. Maximum rate for evening parking (4 p.m.-5 a.m.) is $15.00. The Berklee Performance Center offers a $5 discount with validation. Weekdays before 4 p.m. patrons will receive a discount of $2.50 OFF the first 1/2 hour and $2.50 off the second 1/2 hour (or $5 off the first hour). To receive discounts and promotional rates patrons must present concert ticket and parking ticket for validation at the Berklee Performance Center box office during business hours on event day. Tickets must be validated to receive any eligible discounts. Visit pilgrimparking.com for more information.
- The Prudential Center Garage on Boylston Street, just past the Hynes Convention Center. The garage may offer a discount if you present your Berklee ticket stub to the garage attendant. For more information or directions, call the garage office at 617-236-3060 or visit their website at prudentialcenter.com.
- The First Church of Christian Science Garage, located below the reflection pool, offers evening rates of $12 for up to two hours before and after each event. Evening rates during Symphony Hall events and weekends are $20. Click here for more information.
- The Haviland Street Garage, directly across from the BPC (behind Starbucks) on 5 Haviland Street and 1085 Boylston Street. patparking.com
- The Back Bay Hilton, located on Dalton Street. Heading north on Massachusetts Avenue, take a right onto Boylston Street and then another right at the first light, just before the Hynes Convention Center.
- Danker & Donohue Garage, located at 341 Newbury Street. Call 617 536-3380 for current rates and information.
- Central Parking Jazz, located at 1087 Boylston Street. Call 617 542-1549 for current rates and information.
- Sheraton Boston Hotel Parking Garage, located at 39 Dalton Street
The aforementioned businesses are listed as a courtesy to our patrons. The Berklee Performance Center and Berklee College of Music are not affiliated with these garages and cannot be held responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged items.
Accessible Parking Locations
Accessible parking spaces are available at all of the garages/lots listed. Accessible street parking spaces do exist in the Back Bay but are extremely limited. At present, eight spaces exist near the theater and are designated by street signs that mark the area reserved for accessible parking. A Disabled Placard may be used in any parking space designated as HP parking. Other parking ordinances may be in effect. All designated parking rules should be obeyed. Massachusetts law allows vehicles with proper Disabled Parking authority to disregard most - but not all - public meter fees. Note, however, Massachusetts Port Authority does not exempt meter fees for Disabled Parking. Do not park in a cross-hatch area (Zebra Stripe) adjacent to an HP space. This area is reserved for van ramp access.
- Two spaces exist on Belvedere Street, near Massachusetts Avenue.
- One space exists on Haviland Street, near the intersection of Hemenway Street.
- Two more exist in front of 15 Hemenway Street.
- One space exists where St. Cecilia Street intersects with Boylston Street.
- Two spaces exist where Massachusetts Avenue intersects with Boylston Street, next to the old bank building.
All of these space are conveniently located within a short distance from the Berklee Performance Center. Please obey all posted signs. Due to street cleaning, public events, snow emergencies or construction, availability and accessibility status of any given space is subject to change without notice.