Art of Record Production 2019
In C: Creation, Connectivity, Collaboration, and Controllers
- Hosted by Berklee College of Music, Boston, May 17–19, 2019
- Deadline for abstracts: September 28, 2018, 12:00 a.m., EDT
- Notification by October 29, 2018
Our title for the 14th Art of Record Production Conference is inspired by Terry Riley’s 1964 seminal minimalist work, "In C." When asked how he would describe the relationship between his drive to push technology to its limits in the 1960s and the musical possibilities that resulted, Riley replied that it was all driven by the “What if?” principles. This conference seeks to bring together scholars, artists, and innovators applying those principles to practice and research. Our C themes—Creation, Connectivity, Collaboration, and Controllers—all represent areas of movement in contemporary record production, and we invite participants to interpret them creatively as they relate to active research projects and creative work.
- Full registration fee: $350
- Full-time student registration fee: $150
- Conference booking opens in September 2018 via this website.
- An early-bird discount of $50 applies to all registrations received by December 31, 2018.
- Registration closes on March 31, 2019.
- All presenters must be Association for the Study of the Art of Record Production (ASARP) members (check out how to join).
- Joe Bennett: Chair of the 14th Art of Record Production Conference
- Tracy Gibb: Assistant Director for Conference Services and Special Events at Berklee
- Katia Isakoff: Chair of the 14th Art of Record Production Conference
- Shara Rambarran: Chair of the 14th Art of Record Production Conference
For questions about the conference, please contact us.