- Career Highlights
- Band leader, Utar Artun Trio, Neotolia, Classical Oasis, Unlimited Perception
- Band member, David Fiuczynski's Planet MicroJam, Dave Hines Group, Mehmet Ali Sanlikol's Big Band, Larry Watson and Workforce
- Recordings include Time Is Now, Unlimited Perception 2014 as composer and pianist; National Composition Contest 2014 (SCAMV) as composer; Rose Lace, Neotolia 2014 as producer, arranger, and band leader; Ripple Effect (Jazz Revelation Records 2012) as composer and band leader; and Birds of Feather (Jazz Revelation Records 2010) as composer and band leader
- Winner of the 18th HALICI Midi Composition Contest (2011)
- Highest award at the SCAMV First National Symphonic Composition Contest (2013)
- Scholar of the Ankara Jazz Society (2013)
- Bronze medal, Global Music Awards (2014)
- Boston Microtonal Society Award (2015)
- B.M., Hacettepe University State Conservatory, Ankara, Turkey
- A.D., Berklee College of Music
- M.M., New England Conservatory
In Their Own Words
"I believe that my mission is to create music as a new, unique insight into the future. With this in mind, and through lifelong discovery, education, development, and improved knowledge that I will share with people through teaching, I will hopefully leave a significant legacy to the next generation. I want to create a futuristic understanding that consists of thoughts about human values."
"I would like students to discover their gem. I teach them how to find it, but sometimes they may need to practice more because music is a lifelong journey. Furthermore, I learn new things when I teach. Learning is an endless process."
"Berklee is a very unique school. It's an extremely inclusive program. You will find the real tools to be a musician. I believe my life experiences have had a significant impact on my music. For me, it's mandatory to share our good or bad life experiences to enlighten our students' mission and vision so they may see their path clearly."