- Career Highlights
- Instruments include flute and all woodwinds
- Private lessons with Angeleita Floyd, University of Northern Iowa; Brian Luce, University of Arizona; Dan Bainbridge, Renton Technical College; Emanuel Flutes; and Emilio Lyons, Rayburn Music
- Certified in band instrument repair technology
- B.M., University of Northern Iowa, performance
- B.M., University of Arizona, performance
- Performance certificate, University of Karlstad, Sweden
In Their Own Words
"[It's important to have] a general understanding of the band instrument repair basics: the components that make up the modern day band instrument, how they function, and how they can be manipulated. The skills learned in upkeep and maintenance of band instruments would benefit any aspiring musician, teacher, or future repair technician."
"Taking from my experience as a student of music, as a musician and teacher, I approach my students by relating personally to their situation, what will they actually need to know, what would be helpful and hands on, and what will benefit them in their future workplace. Since the skills are very tangible and practical in nature, the teaching is conducted rather like private music lessons. Lectures will be held to a minimum."