Berklee is always looking for talented individuals to join our community, and you can help. Research has shown, and our own experience supports, that new hires who come into an organization through referrals from members of our Berklee community are excellent contributors and stay with the organization longer.
That's where you come in! If you know someone who would be a good addition to Berklee, you may be awarded a referral bonus of $250 if you refer an applicant and they are hired.
There are two ways to submit referrals:
- Applicant-driven referrals – the applicant indicates they were referred during the application process and they provide the name of the referring staff member at the time of application.
- Employee-driven referrals – An existing faculty or staff member refers an applicant directly.
Either referral process must be made to Human Resources through Workday. Instructions on how to make a referral can be found here.
At the end of each quarter, we will hold a random drawing for a $50 Amazon gift card. For every qualified referral you make during the quarter, your name will be entered in the drawing.
A $250 payment will be made for submitting a qualified referral that is hired and successfully completes 90 days of employment with Berklee.
Program Eligibility Rules and Guidelines
- All Berklee full- and part-time staff and faculty, with the exception of the hiring manager, Human Resources staff, search committee members, and council members are eligible for the referral bonus and quarterly drawing.
- The referred applicant must be a qualified external applicant who has not already applied to the position they are being referred to.
- Only regular approved staff and faculty positions that are posted on the Berklee career site will be eligible to receive referrals.
- Referred applicants are not guaranteed an interview or a position. Only applicants who meet the qualifications of the approved position will be considered, consistent with Berklee hiring policies and practices.
- The referral must represent the applicant’s first contact with Berklee. Temporary, summer, contract, and former employees of Berklee are not eligible for the employee referral award.
- All information regarding the hiring decision will remain strictly confidential.
- To be eligible for the referral bonus the referring staff/faculty member must be employed by Berklee at the time of the payout.
- Interpretations and final disposition of this employee referral program will be handled through Human Resources.
- All referral bonus payments will be paid after the referred faculty or staff member successfully completes 90 days of employment at Berklee.
Making a Referral
- To be eligible for an award, the faculty/staff member must submit a referral to Human Resources through Workday by following the provided job aid.
- The referring faculty/staff member must agree to have their name used when the applicant is contacted and must approve the referral in Workday.
- The first faculty/staff member to refer an applicant will be the only referring faculty/staff member eligible for a referral payment.
Berklee reserves the right to amend, suspend, or cancel this policy at any time, with or without notice. In the event that a conflict exists between this policy and the terms and conditions of the Berklee faculty union contract agreement, the union contract agreement will supersede this policy.
Human Resources (HR) is committed to the recruitment, advancement, and retention of a diverse and exceptional faculty and staff who will uphold the college’s mission of educating, training, and developing students seeking careers in music and the performing arts.
We strive to create a work environment that fosters creativity, collaboration, and innovation, while sustaining our reputation as a great place to learn, teach, and work through our services, policies, practices, and initiatives.