Bring Your Own Laptop
To bring your own laptop to Berklee, respond accordingly in the “Next Steps” section of the Admissions portal after receiving your Berklee OnePass credentials.
In most cases, if you own an Apple Macbook Pro that meets or exceeds the college’s standards, you may bring that computer with you and purchase the Entering Student Software Package, which is required in order for you to participate in your coursework at Berklee, and which will provide you with an introduction to the technology used in today's music industry. You must purchase the required software package when bringing your own computer to Berklee; there are no exceptions.
|Entering Student Software Package||$1,200.00|
Price does not include Massachusetts sales tax.
Recommended Computer Technical Specifications
|Display||13-inch retina display or greater|
|Processor||Dual-core Intel Core i5 or greater|
|Memory||16 GB or greater|
|Storage||512 GB or greater|
Below are all the computer models that currently meet the technology requirement:
If you need help identifying your MacBook Pro model, please visit the How to identify MacBook Pro models page on the Apple website.
If your computer is less than three years old, you are most likely eligible to bring your own laptop to Berklee. A small number of computers that are eligible might not meet certain requirements for technology-focused majors, and you may need to upgrade your device during your stay at Berklee. Any of the current MacBook Pro laptop models meet the requirements (but note that Apple's non-Pro MacBook model, announced March 2015, does not meet these requirements). You may learn more about these models on the Apple Store website.
PreSonus AudioBox iTwo
The PreSonus AudioBox iTwo is not included in the Entering Student Software Package when you bring your own computer, but you can purchase one at any time using MasterCard or Visa at the Student Computer Support Center for $119.00 plus Massachusetts sales tax.
- Bus-powered USB 2.0/iPad audio interface
- 24-bit resolution; 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz sampling rate
Inputs and Outputs
- Two microphone inputs with low-noise, high-headroom, Class A mic preamplifiers and +48V phantom power
- Two switchable line/instrument inputs
- Two balanced ¼” TRS main line-level outputs
- 1x1 MIDI In/Out
- Stereo headphone output with independent level control
When You Arrive at Berklee
- Check-in, settle any remaining financial obligations, and get your Berklee ID card.
- Pick up the iLok USB key needed for ProTools by visiting the Student Computer Support Center on the lower level of 180/186 Massachusetts Avenue. Note that wait lines can occur early on. If you experience a long line, you may be asked to come back at a later time.
- If you'd like to purchase a PreSonus AudioBox iTwo audio interface, you may do so using MasterCard or Visa at the Student Computer Support Center for $119.00 plus Massachusetts sales tax.
- All software is distributed electronically. You will receive an email with instructions on how to download and install your applications.