Please see the events listing for upcoming events.
The SFJAZZ Collective is a bonafide jazz supergroup, recently named "contemporary jazz's premier all-star band" by The New York Times. As the band's bio states, the Collective is a "leaderless group and a democratic composer's workshop that represents what's happening now in jazz." It's true in this moment more than ever, as the band will be presenting a brand new touring project entitled "New Works Reflecting the Moment," a collection of pieces written in response to the unparalleled social and global issues faced over the past year.
It's an exciting prospect, as every member of the band is not only a top ensemble player and an explosive improviser, but also one of contemporary jazz's most inspired composers and arrangers. Confronting such challenging times through music might sound like a heavy proposition, but this world-class group always reminds us of jazz's unerring ability to uplift and unite while evoking universal truths. Don't miss this special performance by the West Coast's finest.
Please be advised that Celebrity Series of Boston is requiring proof of COVID vaccination or a negative COVID test and masks for this concert.
Please arrive to the hall with a government-issued photo ID and one of the following documents:
- a CDC vaccination card
- a digital image of your CDC card
- an image of any official immunization record
- a City of Boston B Together app or any other COVID vaccine verification app
- a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of the performance, or
- a negative rapid test taken within 24 hours of the performance
- To attend performances, children ages 5-12 must show proof of either full vaccination, receiving one vaccine dose, a negative PCR test taken within 72 hours of the event, or a negative rapid test taken within 24 hours of the event.