The department's primary mission of maintaining the college facilities and grounds is crucial to the campus community, and offers a wide range of services, including housekeeping, carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, snow removal, and grounds care.
Hours of Operation
- Physical Plant office: Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Custodial office: Monday–Friday, 6:00 a.m.–11:30 p.m.
- Maintenance: Monday–Friday, 7:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
To submit service requests, Physical Plant Department uses SchoolDude, a web-based tool. You can set up your School Dude account to submit service requests by following the instructions in the user manual.
For after-hours emergencies, please contact Public Safety at 617-747-2682.
Emergency Work Examples
- Water and/or plumbing systems leaks or overflows
- Fire alarms sounding
- Carbon monoxide detector alerts
- Power outages
- Noxious odors, such as gas
- Door alarms and doors not locking
- If you require a response within five minutes