Sign Yourself! DIY Music Expo
Join the Professional Music Department at Berklee College of Music as it hosts the inaugural Sign Yourself! DIY Music Expo. Take part in sessions throughout the day that showcase key areas of the music industry for independent artists and entrepreneurs. Get hands-on advice and critiques from leaders in the field.
- 10:00 a.m.: Student Performance: Sofia Oviedo
- 10:15 a.m.: Welcome: Sean Hagon, chair, professional music; and Toki Wright, assistant chair, professional music
- 10:30 a.m.: Success on Your Terms—Life after Berklee: Milo Coello, film/television composer, record producer/orchestral arranger for Warner, Sony, and Universal, and founder of elite string orchestra Strings México; Jared Faber, songwriter/producer and Grammy award–winning film/television composer; and Lily Golightly, owner of No Big Deal PR and Head of Press at 300 Entertainment
- 12:00 p.m.: Creating Your Artistic Legacy: Dan Scott, attorney and cofounder/CEO of Spotlight Advisory Group, an independent wealth and legacy firm designed exclusively for artists, entertainers, athletes, influencers, and other creatives
- 1:00 p.m.: Student Performance: Nano Raies
- 1:30 p.m.: Brand Identity and Your Music Video: Blake Farber, film director for artist and brands such as Olympics, Nike, Rayban, Beyoncé, and Dropkick Murphy’s, and winner of the 2014 VEVO Best Video of the Year
- 3:00 p.m.: Being Your Own Business and Artistic Self: Nathalie Bonin, professional violinist and award-winning television/film composer
- 4:30 p.m.: Student Performance: Dani Murcia
- 5:00 p.m.: Beat-Making Producers—Placements and Selling Your Music: King Michael Coy, music producer for a wide variety of artists, including Anderson Paak, Lauryn Hill, Bilal, D’Angelo, Kendra Foster, and many others
- 6:30 p.m.: Festival Brand Identity—Creating Your Own Festival, How Artists Are Chosen, and How to Appeal to Festival Producers: Brian Appel, cofounder and CEO of Crash Line Productions and producer of Boston Calling Music Festival; Nate Erwin, artist management at Red Light Management and producer of Grace Potter’s Grand Point North Festival; and James Macdonald, founder of Six Chair Productions and producer of Festival at the Farm
- 8:00 p.m.: Student Performance: Eva Sita
The expo is sponsored by the Professional Music Department; Berklee Career Center; Office of the President; and Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs, Diversity, and Inclusion.