Strategic Direction for Berklee 2017 to 2020
Educating and empowering artists to better our world.
- Focus on increasing global access to Berklee educational programs.
- Commit to providing a high-quality student experience in everything we do.
- Realize the artistic, creative, and career potential of our community members.
- Evaluate new initiatives from business process, governance, capacity, demand, sustainability, and resource perspectives.
- Make affordability, access, retention, and graduation a key focus in all planning and operational decisions.
- Be proactive in exploring and, where appropriate, integrating new technologies.
- Implement an improved technological ecosystem.
- Initiate a study for the development of a 21st-century, state-of-the-art, live performance venue.
- Provide a world-class environment for learning, working, and living.
- Provide enhanced opportunity for faculty and staff retention, growth, and development.
- Inspire donors and increase fundraising capacity.
- Prioritize student success, retention, and graduation rates.
- Infuse our diversity and inclusion principles throughout the hiring and admission processes.
- Strive to create a safe and inclusive campus community.
- Develop a model for the creation of learning pathways.
- Enhance student advising and success programs.
- Design an enhanced residential and campus life experience.
- Align career services with progressive trends in higher education and industry.
- Create new partnerships for articulation and affordability.
Fully Funded with External Support
- Develop a campus-wide intellectual property policy.
- Expand philanthropic support for research and development initiatives and facilities.
- Expand our physical presence in cultural and innovation capitals.
- Widen the reach and impact of the Open Music Initiative.
- Explore new product, program, and platform development using emerging technologies.
- Launch a unified enrollment strategy.
- Build the global reputation of Boston Conservatory at Berklee and the brand value of Berklee.
- Enrich the offerings for current College and Conservatory students.
- Explore programs that build on shared strengths of the College and Conservatory.
- Integrate current College and Conservatory summer programs.