Survivor Advocacy Services
The survivor advocate position is currently vacant; we are actively searching for a new candidate to fill this important role. In the absence of a dedicated advocate, Berklee's Counseling Services and Equity teams are available to students and can offer a range of support.
If you’re not sure where to start, but would like to speak to a confidential support while you decide what options are best for you, please contact Counseling Services at 617-747-2310, say that you were looking for survivor advocate services, and you will be connected with a member of the team.
Confidential survivor advocacy services are available to students who have experienced sexual and/or relationship violence (including sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, stalking and/or sexual harassment). Regardless of where or when these incidents occurred, support is available. The survivor advocate may also provide support to friends and loved ones of those who have experienced sexual or relationship violence.
The survivor advocate operates from an empowerment model, focused on victim/survivor-led decision-making. The survivor advocate may assist students with:
- Emotional support
- Safety planning
- Understanding reporting options and legal rights
- Referrals to on-campus and off-campus resources
- Accommodations and support measures
Survivor advocacy services are available during regular business hours. If you have experienced a recent assault or are in need of urgent support outside of business hours, please consider connecting with one of the following resources:
- The Boston Area Rape Crisis Center (BARCC) Hotline: 800-841-8371. Call BARCC’s 24/7 confidential hotline, or use their online chatline for confidential support, crisis counseling, and information.
- Casa Myrna: 877-785-2020. Call the confidential, multilingual Massachusetts SafeLink domestic violence hotline 24/7 for information, support, and resources.
- RAINN: 800-656-HOPE (4673). Call the 24/7 confidential hotline, or use their online chatline for confidential support and to be connected with local resources.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-SAFE (7233). Call the 24/7 confidential hotline, or use their online chatline for confidential support, crisis intervention, safety planning, and referrals to local resources.
If you are in an emergency situation, please contact Berklee Public Safety at 617-747-8888, or 911, or your local emergency services number.