For prospective Berklee students or lifelong learners, massive open online courses (MOOCs) enable you to sample the Berklee experience for free. Berklee offers more than 40 MOOCs through Coursera, edX, and Kadenze, some of which are taught in Spanish and Portuguese.
MOOCs offer students all over the world unprecedented access to learn at no cost from extraordinary innovators like seven-time Grammy-winning vibraphonist Gary Burton; Grammy-winning producer and engineer Prince Charles Alexander, whose credits include work with the Notorious B.I.G., Alicia Keys, and Aretha Franklin, among many others; leading songwriting professor and bestselling author Pat Pattison; and entertainment lawyer and bestselling author John Kellogg, among others.
MOOCs feature video demonstrations from Berklee's world-class faculty, and you will learn both from their lesson content and from other students as you share ideas and questions, connect on social media, and perhaps even join a geographically-based study group.
If you enjoy your MOOC, you may want to consider a more immersive education experience with Berklee, be it through a more personalized Berklee Online course or degree program, a summer program, or undergraduate or graduate programs at the college’s campuses in Boston, Massachusetts or Valencia, Spain.
Browse Berklee MOOCs by Topic
- Creating Sounds for Electronic Music
- Designing Synthesizer Sounds
- Introduction to Ableton Live
- Music Production Capstone
- Pro Tools Basics
- Sound Design with Kontakt
- The Art of Music Production
- The Art of Vocal Production
- The Technology of Music Production
- Vocal Recording Technology
- Crear Música con Tecnología
- Grabar y Mezclar Música
- Introducción a la Producción de Música
- Producción Musical y su Efecto en la Composición
- Proyecto Final de Músico Moderno
Music Theory, Harmony, and Ear Training
- Developing Your Musicianship
- Developing Your Musicianship: Final Project
- Introduction to Music Theory
- Musicianship: Chord Charts, Diatonic Chords, and Minor Keys
- Musicianship: Tensions, Harmonic Function, and Modal Interchange
Music Business and Entrepreneurship
Performance and Improvisation
About Coursera, edX, and Kadenze
Coursera is the world’s leading MOOC provider, with as many as 70 million users. Founded in 2012 by professors at Stanford University, Coursera now offers more than 5,900 courses from over 220 partners in 55 countries.
edX is the only leading MOOC provider that is both nonprofit and open source. Founded by scientists from Harvard University and Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 2012, edX now has more than 90 global partners and offers over 2,800 courses.
Kadenze partners with leading universities and institutions across the globe to provide world-class online education in the fields of art and creative technology.