"Being involved with Berklee students really enhances my life. The students bring music that's important to them to the classroom, and they bring their ideas about making music to the classroom. It's an incredibly informative experience for me."
"I think it's interesting for students to see how a piece evolves over time from an initial demo to a full arranged piece for recording. They get an appreciation for what arranging music is all about. They can see the initial compositional ideas and the initial ideas for the basic bass, drums, guitar, and keyboard tracks, then see the piece evolve with additional guitar tracks, horn and string tracks, and vocal tracks."
"Much of the department's curriculum deals with working with computers and live players in the studio and at home. Students see the importance of having their own workstation and learning how to use the equipment and tools available to them."
"I'm currently playing with Al Kooper. He's a good example of today's writers who are also producers and work from a home-based studio. I've been able to observe his writing, rehearsal, recording studio, and production process. It's an incredible experience to be able to observe him arranging his songs—one of his great strengths."
- B.M., Berklee College of Music
- M.A., Tufts University
- Associate director of the Five-Week Summer Performance Program, Berklee College of Music
- Director, City Music High School Academy
- Performances with Greg Bissonette, John Blackwell, Toy Caldwell, Gloria Estefan, Steve Gadd, Grandmaster DXT, Chuck Jackson, William Kennedy, Al Kooper, Abe Laboriel, Sr., Rob Mounsey, Mike Phillips, Noel Redding, Steve Smith, Neil Stubenhaus, Jimmy Vivino, and Peter Wolf
- Composer and arranger for national and local television
- Guitarist, leader, and composer for Blues After Dark
- Guitarist and arranger for Al Kooper and the Funky Faculty
- Author of Arranging 1 and Summer Performance Program (Berklee Press), An Introduction to the Life and Music of Pat Metheny: His Life Story and Apprenticeships (Tufts University Press), and articles for Down Beat
- Recent CDs include Black Coffee and White Chocolate with Al Kooper and It’s About Time with Blues After Dark