Our Board of Admissions seeks students who show high potential; who are creative, collaborative, and open to new ideas; who are problem solvers and entrepreneurs; who have something extra that sets them apart. We consider every aspect of an applicant's strengths. We look for candidates who reflect the rich diversity of our curriculum, with high musical aptitude as players or writers, or in business, production, music therapy, or music education.
An integral part of selecting our entering class is our unique audition and interview process, designed to help you show your musical strengths and academic goals while helping us assess your aptitude and ability to succeed in Berklee's dynamic environment.
The board of admissions takes into consideration both academics as well as musical aptitude.
- Berklee does not have specific GPA or test score requirements, nor does it have any specific class ranking requirements.
- You must be able to speak English and must have completed high school/secondary school by the time they enroll at Berklee.
- Our audition and interview process along with our comprehensive and holistic evaluation of each applicant provides us with a wealth of information to assess your ability to succeed at Berklee.
Reviewing Your Application: Three Key Steps
- Application and Fee: A completed and submitted online application accompanied by a $150 non-refundable application fee can be found at apply.berklee.edu.
- Audition and Interview: As part of your application to the college, you are required to complete a live audition and interview. You may participate in your audition and interview regardless of whether the college has received your supporting materials. Berklee conducts auditions and interviews all over the world.
- Supporting Materials: Submit official up-to date academic transcripts or GEDs. If you have college/university credits at another institution, you must also submit an official transcript.
Applicants who have studied outside the U.S. and Canada must submit official transcripts for evaluation by an accredited credential evaluation agency such as the Education Credential Evaluators (ece.org). Please ask for a course-by-course evaluation with grades.
For International Students
To view Admissions Requirements in your language, click on the appropriate link below: