"I teach computer applications in the music industry, web design and management, web development for e-business, and a few others. It's about developing ways of getting your information out there. Having those technology skills will allow you to build your business, whether it's yourself, if you're a solo artist, or you're working for a company that's promoting artists. It also teaches attention to detail and aesthetics. A lot of companies are excited when they have a new intern or a new hire who knows about all these different things. It's a different generation. You need to have those skills now."
- B.M., Berklee College of Music, professional music, electric bass principal
- M.S., University of Maryland, ecommerce/technology management
- M.B.A, University of Maryland
- Additional studies at Northeastern University, Boston University, 4D/ACI Inc., and Oracle, Inc.
- Freelance electric bassist, songwriter, and arranger
- Member of Boston-based bands Caged Heat and Punching Monday
- Former web and database developer for IDG, Inc. companies NetworkWorld, ITWorld, and Accela Communications
- Creator and editor of the Music Business/Management Department email newsletter
- Web designer/developer for the Music Business/Management department, Heavy Rotation Records, and Jazz Revelation Records websites
- Database, web development, and online marketing consultant for bands and small businesses
- Member, Epsilon Pi Tau, the International Honor Society for Professions in Technology, Women in Technology International, American Association of University Women, and National Association of Professional Women