- Career Highlights
- Fulbright Commission Board Member, USA-Spain Committee (Note: The Fulbright Commission has recently been awarded one of Spain's highest honors, the Prince of Asturias Award for International Cooperation.)
- U.S. State Department official
- Representative for President Obama's Ambassador to Spain, Alan Solomont, for the regions of Valencia, Murcia, and Albacete
- Advisor to the U.S. Embassy in Madrid in the creation of the first “American space” in Spain
- Dean and codirector, Florida State University Spain Study Center
- Numerous articles and speeches regarding Spanish cultural studies and international relations
- Teaching Fellow, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
- Board Member, the John Wooden Recreational Committee, UCLA
- Lettered in Division I, Collegiate Volleyball
- Winner, Berklee Distinguished Faculty Award
In Their Own Words
"I have been active in international education for more than 15 years, and I have been a professor on Berklee's Valencia campus since the inception of the campus. From day one, it has been vital that the local culture be an integral part of the professor-student learning experience."
"Valencia in particular and Spain in general are a living and dynamic extension of my classroom. In an ever-changing and complex world, it is essential that my students engage, analyze, and benefit from the local cultural patrimony as they mature intellectually as individuals while enhancing the collective experience."