GLBT Allies at Berklee
GLBT Allies at Berklee is an organization at Berklee College of Music for people who are working together to promote a safe and supportive campus atmosphere for the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered (GLBT) members of the Berklee community. People who display this symbol are acknowledging their role as allies to all of the Berklee community, including straight, gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered people.
GLBT allies are:
- respectful of confidentiality;
- faculty, staff, and administrators;
- straight, gay, lesbian, and bisexual;
- informed about on- and off-campus resources for GLBT people;
- aware that GLBT people face challenges specific to their sexual orientation and gender expression and that these challenges result from prejudice against GLBT people in the culture-at-large;
- aware that GLBT people exist in every culture and social group and are careful to not make assumptions about a person's sexual orientation on the basis of religion, race, ethnicity, or nationality;
- committed to interrupting harmful behavior directed at GLBT people and addressing such behavior in an educational manner;
- committed to promoting a safe and supportive campus atmosphere for GLBT people so that they can participate fully, equally, and openly in the life of this community, without fear of harassment or discrimination.
GLBT Scholarship Fund
The GLBT Scholarship Fund, established in 2008 through an alumna gift, provides support to currently enrolled Berklee students working to benefit the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community on or off campus. Applications are open to all full-time Berklee students, regardless of sexual orientation.