All students who declare and enter a major in any of four technology-focused departments (singularly or in conjunction with another major), are required to purchase a major bundle and to own a laptop computer that meets the standards of the college. Unlike the licensed software that is part of the Berklee laptop requirement, major bundle components are purchased and owned by participating students, who are responsible for registering the software in a timely manner, saving any receipts and other documentation, securing additional insurance should they choose, and otherwise maintaining their own relationships with the manufacturers of all bundle items.
The four majors included in this major bundle program are contemporary writing and production (CWP), electronic production and design (EPD), film scoring, and songwriting.
- Students who believe they should be exempted from the major bundle purchase program must get approval from the chair of their department prior to the start of classes for the semester.
- There is no option to substitute, change, or delete components in any major bundle and there are no refunds once a major bundle is purchased and received.
Payment and Pickup
The pickup period for major bundles for spring 2015 will be Tuesday, January 20, 2015 through Friday, January 23, 2015. If you have not picked up your bundle by the end of the pickup period, you risk the loss of your bundle, as bundle components will not be held for pickup indefinitely. Bundle pickup is at the Student Computer Support Center (SCSC) located at 180/186 Mass. Ave. (lower level).
- All students who become eligible for a major bundle are billed for their bundle along with all other college charges. You must present your Berklee ID to pick up your bundle. You may only receive the bundle for your major(s) and must pick up any boxed components in person. Dual majors combining two of the technology-focused majors receive one bundle that includes the items supporting both majors. Questions that arise as to bundle eligibility should be directed to the respective academic department office.
- Most items in the bundles are downloadable installers available directly from the manufacturers or from Berklee Self-Service. At your bundle pickup, you will be sent an email from the SCSC with download instructions, your individual registration codes, and any other relevant information. It is very important that you complete any necessary product registration and product authorizations in a reasonable time. Berklee cannot be responsible for any issues due to failure to install or authorize your bundle components in a timely fashion.
- Support for major bundles is available from the SCSC. Stop by or set up an appointment.