Policy on Grades of Incomplete
Effective with the Fall 2012 semester, all necessary coursework for a course in which the teacher has granted the student a grade of Incomplete ("I“) must be completed and submitted to the instructor by 5:00 pm of the last day of the sixth week of classes of the immediately following semester, whether or not the student is enrolled in that semester. Please read the complete policy on page 18 in the Academic Policies section of the 2013-2014 Policy Handbook for Students.
- You must be passing the course and have satisfactory attendance.
- The request must be made during the final two weeks of the semester.
- A grade of “I” does not count against your GPA.
- A grade of “I” is not a passing grade. You will not receive credit for the class until a passing grade is submitted.
- The course cannot be used as a prerequisite for another course until a passing grade is submitted.
- The grade of “I” is not available for ensembles.
- The deadline to complete a course with a grade of “I” is the last day of your next term of attendance. Students who are not enrolled in a subsequent term are permitted one calendar year to resolve the grade.
- A grade of “I” that is not resolved within the stated time period will automatically change to a grade of “IF” — Incomplete/Failure. This will be averaged into your GPA as an “F” – Failure. Grades of “IF” cannot be changed.
- Having an Incomplete grade for any course as of the third week of the next semester will prevent a student from being included on that term’s Dean's List.
- One or more incompletes can significantly add to your workload in your next semester.
- Last day to change an incomplete awarded for: Fall 2013: February 28, 2014; Spring 2014: July 7, 2014.