Musical Theater Summer Intensive
What's the program like?
Do you dream of taking the stage in a musical production? You can hone your theater chops with professional-level musical performance training in this five-day course, culminating in a showcase at the Berklee Performance Center. The week is filled with core classes and electives, Q&A sessions with visiting musical theater artists, and a rigorous rehearsal schedule.
- Voice Master Classes
- Dance and Movement for the Stage
- Acting Technique
- Audition Techniques
Elective Workshops May Include:
- Stage Combat
- Lyric Analysis
- Hip-Hop Theater Techniques
- Clowning/Commedia dell'Arte
- Crafting a Monologue
- Yoga for Vocalists
Typical Daily Schedule:
- 9:00 a.m.–9:20 a.m. Full Company Warm-up
- 9:30 a.m.–10:20 a.m. Voice
- 10:30 a.m.–11:50 a.m. Elective Workshops
- 12:00 p.m.–12:50 p.m. Lunch and Q&A Sessions with Various Visiting Artists
- 1:00 p.m.–2:50 p.m. Acting Technique and Performance Coaching
- 3:00 p.m.–3:50 p.m. Dance and Movement
- 4:00 p.m.–4:50 p.m. Improvisation
- 4:50 p.m.–6:20 p.m. Dinner and Break
- 6:20 p.m.–6:50 p.m. Audition Techniques and/or Private Lessons
- 7:00 p.m.–9:00 p.m. Rehearsal
Where will I eat and sleep?
Applicants will be sent information and an application for residence hall housing once accepted to the program. Most program participants elect to stay in the Berklee residence halls; however, space is limited. To optimize your chances for on-campus housing, you must return the housing application immediately upon receiving it.
To be eligible to live in the residence hall, you must be 15 years of age by the start of the program. If you apply to the program after mid-May, please call the Housing Office at 617 747-2292 to find out if residence hall space is still available.