Electronic Music Production and Sound Design Weekend
If electronic music is your passion, this weekend is your opportunity to learn directly from Berklee's Electronic Production and Design Department faculty. Push your limits as an electronic musician and develop your skills in sound design, production, and laptop performance. Over the course of the weekend you have the opportunity to learn the foundations of sound synthesis and sampling, electronic music production, and sound design for picture and video games. You’ll be able to work with everything from modular and vintage synthesizers and the latest in performance controllers. Program sessions in state-of-the-art facilities will use Ableton Live as well as MAX for Live, Logic, and Native Instruments Komplete.
This program has limited capacity. Submission of registration materials alone does not guarantee participation in the program. You will secure your spot by paying in full. When the program capacity has been reached, registrants who have not paid in full will be placed on a waitlist.
|Program length:||Three days|
|Program dates:||Friday, June 22–Sunday, June 24, 2018|
|Move in starting:||Friday, June 22 at 9:00 a.m.|
|Move out by:||Sunday, June 24 at 5:00 p.m.|
|Age range:||15 years and older|
*Nonrefundable and nontransferable. Program information subject to change.
Based on knowledge level and experience, you will select course work to tailor the curriculum to your interests. Learning sessions will take place in Berklee's labs and studios.
All necessary musical equipment and technology will be provided throughout the program. You may want to bring portable storage media to save the work you create over the weekend.
Though not required, you are permitted to bring laptops, computers, tablets, etc. Wireless internet and electrical outlet plugs are provided throughout the campus. Please keep in mind that it is your responsibility to keep your items safe. Berklee is not responsible for the loss of these items.
Courses will be taught in the following tracks:
- Electronic music production
- Electronic performance
- Sound design
- Game audio, including audio for virtual reality (VR) and 360 formats
Individual courses may include:
- Electronic Music Production Using Ableton Live (levels 1 and 2)
- Sound Design techniques for EDM production
- Introduction to Sound for Video Games
- 360 Sound for VR
- Sound Design with Modular Synthesizers
- Programming Software Instruments
- Making Sampler Instruments
- Introduction to Max and Max for Live
- Creative Effect Processing for Sound Design
- Studio Techniques for Electronic Musicians
- Mixing Electronic Music
- Mastering for Electronic Music
- Electronic Performance with Ableton Live
- Looping and Special Effects for Live Performance
- Electronic Performance System Design Workshop
- An Introduction to Digital DJ techniques (levels 1 and 2)
- Circuit Bending Workshop
- Sound Design Techniques for Picture