Gym Memberships and Local Recreation
If you have a previous membership (after signing up online):
- If you lack a Northeastern ID Card (Husky Card) issued after September 1, 2017, go to Husky Card Services at 4 Speare Place (adjacent to the Marino Center on Huntington Avenue) to obtain a new Husky Card, which you can use to enter the gym. The membership will be valid starting September 1, 2017.
- After September 1, 2017, allow one business day to obtain the Husky Card and have it activated for gym access.
If you don't have a previous membership:
- If your membership sign-up occurs before August 27, 2017, you can pick up your Husky Card at Husky Card Services at 4 Speare Place (adjacent to the Marino Center on Huntington Avenue) on August 30, 2017.
- After September 1, 2017, the cycle will be the same: sign up by Sunday, pick up Husky Card on Wednesday of that week.
- Guest policy: Students in good standing with a valid Husky Card who have paid their yearly recreation fee are allowed to invite one guest, but must accompany their guest while at the facility. One guest (age 18 or older) per day is allowed. The guest fee is $12 per visit during peak hours and $10 per visit during off-peak hours.
Off-peak hours are: Monday–Friday, 9:00 a.m.–11:30 a.m., 1:30 p.m.–3:00 p.m., and 10:00 p.m.–1:00 a.m.; and Saturday–Sunday, 5:00 a.m.–10:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.–1:00 a.m.
Guests must be registered at least one day in advance. Phone reservations are allowed and must be made at least one day (with a maximum of one week) in advance. Guests must have a valid photo driver's license or government-issued photo identification with address and proof of age.
Membership fee structure:
|September 1, 2017–August 31, 2018||$480|
|September 1, 2017–May 31, 2018||$360|
|January 1, 2018–May 31, 2018||$190|
|June 1, 2018–August 31, 2018||$135|
- Monday–Friday: 6:00 a.m.–11:00 p.m.
- Saturday–Sunday: 6:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m.
Address: 939 Boylston Street
Fall semester: September 1–December 31
Spring semester: January 1–May 15
Summer semester: May 16–August 31
Each student shall provide to the Tennis & Racquet Club a signed membership form accompanying the membership fee of $90 per semester. The form can be picked up at the Tennis & Racquet Club.
316 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
- Monday–Thursday: 5:00 a.m.–11:00 p.m.
- Friday: 5:00 a.m.–9:00 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday: 7:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m.
Monthly Membership Fee: $42
Once you join the YMCA, you can invite your friends and earn a free month of membership for every referral. Visit the Welcome Desk for more details.
Note that a photo ID is required to enter the YMCA.