Berklee Commencement 2020
Saturday, May 9 at the Agganis Arena at Boston University
Commencement Processional Lineup
- You receive your call time, the time you must arrive for processional lineup, in the bag you receive when you pick up your cap and gown.
- Arrive at the Agganis Arena wearing all items in your bag: cap, gown, hood, and colored button. No bags or coats will be allowed in the arena.
If you are late, you will not be allowed to walk in the commencement ceremony. NO EXCEPTIONS.
You will line up in program order for the academic procession, which begins at 9:45 a.m. It will proceed in two lines into the arena, and the formal ceremony begins when all members of the platform party reach the stage. When your name is called, you will walk across the stage to receive a diploma.
- Actual diplomas are not distributed at the ceremony because final grades will not have been posted before commencement.
- Diplomas are mailed out beginning the last week in June. See Getting Your Diploma for more information.
- Honors status is documented on transcripts and your diploma, but not in the ceremony program because the program is printed before the Registrar has certified that all graduation requirements have been met.
- For information on how honors are determined, see Requirements for Graduation or the Student Policy Handbook, or check with the Office of the Registrar.
Information for Your Guests
- Guests are admitted at 9:00 a.m., and the ceremony begins at 9:45 a.m.
- Students do not need an invitation, but each guest must bring their invitation with them to be admitted to the ceremony.
- Seats are not assigned; seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Agganis Arena offers special assistance to guests with disabilities. Graduates or their guests planning to attend any of the commencement events who may need special accommodations on the basis of disability should contact Donna Rose Desilus, Conference Services and Events, at 617-747-6168 or email@example.com by May 4. Guests are encouraged to provide as much advance notice as possible prior to the start of an event to ensure that their request for special assistance may be met. A listing of services available at the Agganis Arena at Boston University can be found under Accessibility Services.
Getting to the Agganis Arena
The Agganis Arena is accessible by car and public transportation. For driving directions, alternative transportation information, and parking availability, see Directions/Parking.