- Career Highlights
- Appearances with Rubyhorse on Late Show with David Letterman, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, and Late Night with Conan O'Brien, among others
- As a member of Rubyhorse, toured with REM, Sheryl Crow, David Gray, Counting Crows, Bush, Live, the Pogues, John Martyn, and Blur, among others
- Recordings with Rubyhorse include A Lifetime in One Day (Horse Trade Records), How Far Have You Come (Interscope Records), Rise (Island Records), Goodbye to All That (Brash/Atlantic Records), Punchdrunk Featuring George Harrison (Island Records), and with Leftbank, Why Can't Man Be More like the Animals (Rive Gauche Records)
- No. 1 in Ireland with "Red to Blue," written for Mick Flannery
- No. 17 in the Billboard Top 40 with "Sparkle"
- No. 1 on the U.S. MP3 charts with "Punchdrunk"
- Recipient of Meteor Award Ireland for Best Hope for the Future
- Recipient of Boston Music Awards for Best New Act and Best Vocalist
- Recipient of World Peace Award for Best International Act
- B. Com., University College Cork
In Their Own Words
"I want my students to have a set of practical tools and applications that they can lean upon when writing so as not to be dependent on the 'muse.' I want them to really enjoy and participate in the class, and I want them to have a full understanding of song form and techniques."
"I have been a professional musician for almost 30 years, during which time I have had several record deals, publishing deals, and many tv and film syncs, and I have been operating in the upper echelons of the music industry for a long time. I have a wealth of real-world experience out in the trenches and can advise the students on best strategies and pitfalls. I am also a producer and engineer operating my own studio, and I try and incorporate the technology in the classroom. I believe any aspiring songwriter needs to have a handle on the basics of recording and programming, and I try to teach the students to use the technology as a tool and incorporate it into their writing process, to this end."