- Career Highlights
- B.M., Berklee College of Music
- Leader, Thaddeus Hogarth Band
- Five solo self-produced CDs and a live performance DVD with the Thaddeus Hogarth Band
- Two-time Independent Music Award winner (2001, 2006) for Best R&B/Blues
- Published Funk/R&B Guitar: Creatives Solos, Grooves and Sounds with Hal Leonard/Berklee Press
- Author of the Berklee Online's course, Funk-Rock/R&B Guitar Soloing
- Recordings include It Might as Well Be Now (Higher Ground Records), which features a collaboration with Grammy Award–nominee Sister Carol
- Former lead vocalist, guitarist, and songwriter/producer for Boston's Heavy Metal Horns
- Performances with Average White Band, Jimmy Cliff, James Montgomery, Tower of Power, Fred Wesley, Johnny Winter, and the Neville Brothers; and at the Montreal Jazz Fest, Boston Globe Jazz Festival, and Newport at Saratoga Jazz Festival
- Songs, compositions, and voice featured on PBS, MTV, and independent and full-length feature films.
In Their Own Words
"As a thriving independent recording artist, I think of my job as not only to disseminate information but to give a strong basis of context for this information and a method for incorporating it into the student's own identity as a musician, whether as a performer, a composer, or both."
"I'd like my students to gain what I call a dose of reality. I try to keep them thinking about the reasons why they're doing this and keep those valuable reasons in the forefront. I've had success with this as motivation for the daily practice routines that may seem tedious. I encourage them to be open and to set realistic goals, while at the same time realizing that the process is equally important. This is true not just in the classroom."