- Career Highlights
- Bachelor of Music Degree in Performance: Drum Set Principle, Berklee College of Music
- Drum Set Player for Blue Man Group
- Publications in Modern Drummer
- Owner/Instructor of the online drum lesson site: PeaceAndDrums.com
- Endorsements: Vater Percussion, Sabian cymbals, Remo drumheads, Protection Racket, and Future Sonics In Ear Monitors
- Clinician for Vater Percussion, Sabian cymbals, and Remo drumheads
In Their Own Words
"Groove / Pocket / Feel…one of the most important topics that I teach and the most important building block in drumming. The most dangerous players out there are the cats that can lay it down in any style and marry their fill phrasing to the pocket. Pocket doesn’t mean perfect time like a computer; time is organic...it breathes…time moves with everyone on stage. I teach students not only how to feel the time, but also how to visualize it. The distance between the 1’s can also be seen, not only felt."
“Developing a student's core fundamentals as building blocks is so important at any step in the process of learning. Making sure that technique, styles, reading, and independence are in check, empowers any student to find his or her own voice on this instrument.”
"Soloing on the drums can be as personal as telling someone your life story, so you want to get it right. Having a clear, concise method of developing vocabulary, gluing vocabulary together, and having a strong connection to the pocket will make you an articulate and powerful storyteller. Captivate the audience.”
“I love this instrument; I want to help my students find that same passion. It is what has made me successful."