- Career Highlights
- Band leader, Marshall Gilkes Quintet
- Band member, Maria Schneider Orchestra and Edmar Castañeda Trio
- Performances with Richard Bona, WDR Big Band, Billy Cobham, Wynton Marsalis’ Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra, and the Christian McBride Big Band
- Recordings as leader include Marshall Gilkes and the WDR Big Band Köln (2015), Sound Stories (2012), Lost Words (2008), and Edenderry (2005)
- Recordings as sideman for Maria Schneider Orchestra (The Thompson Fields, 2015), Samuel Torres Group (Forced Displacement, 2015), Ricky Martin (A Quien Quiera Escuchar, 2015), The Gil Evans Project (Lines of Color, 2015), David Bowie (Nothing Has Changed, 2014), among others
- Heard in the lush impressionism of the Maria Schneider Orchestra; the exotic chamber jazz of Colombian harpist Edmar Castañeda’s trio; and New York’s thriving Latin music scene
- Has taught at The Banff Center and the New School for Jazz and Contemporary Music
- Artist for Edwards Instrument Company
- Finalist in the 2003 Thelonious Monk International Jazz Competition
- B.M., The Juilliard School
- A.D., The Juilliard School
In Their Own Words
"In my teaching, I like to focus on a combination of technique, music, and improvisation. I want students to work on material that helps bridge the gap between their ear and their slide. I want to help students become the best trombone players and artists that they can be, and to feel excited about music and motivated to go practice!"
"Berklee is unique because students have the opportunity to learn and play a variety of musical styles."
"My performance experience greatly influences my teaching. I try to help students develop the skills necessary so that they can play the same gigs that I do."