- Career Highlights
- Master of Music, Modern American Music: Longy School of Music at Bard College, Cambridge, Massachusetts; Bachelor of Music, Saxophone Performance, New England Conservatory of Music; Certificate of Completion, Dave Brubeck Institute, Stockton, California
- Instrument(s): Saxophone, clarinet, flute, double bass, electric bass
- Band leader for the Mark Zaleski Band, Mark and Glenn Zaleski
- Band member in the Brighton Beat, the Omar Thomas Large Ensemble, Either/Orchestra, the John Allmark Jazz Orchestra, Beantown Swing Orchestra, Mark Cocheo Trio, Brian Thomas/Alex Lee-Clark B3 Funk Big Band
- Has performed with Ian Anderson and Jethro Tull, Christian McBride, Dave Brubeck, Rakalam Bob Moses, Cecil McBee, Jerry Bergonzi, Bruce Gertz, Matt Savage, John Tesh, Robin Eubanks, Justin Brown, Joe Sanders
- Recordings include The Mark Zaleski Band (2008), and Mark and Glenn Zaleski—Duet Suite
In Their Own Words
"I try and make my class very much a listening and transcription-based class. Though I don't necessarily teach ear training, a lot of the things within harmony have to do with basically how to write lead sheets, and getting into the basics of composition."
"I run my class in such a way that we spend most of our time playing music that I think applies to the material wthat we need to cover, and having kids try their best to transcribe what's going on."
"Most of the time people are coming to music school to study because they have something to offer from day one that's really awesome. They just may not know how to label that, they may not know how to tell (someone). If you're going to get together with a new bass player you just met from a different country or something like that, and you don't have an instrument in front of you to explain your composition to them, I want (you) to be able to scribble that down on a piece of paper and be able to understand it. The best thing that you can get out of music school is the ability to communicate with as many different types of musicans as possible."