- Career Highlights
- Electric and acoustic bassist, author, and composer
- Performances and recordings with an extensive list of artists including Sonny Rollins, Dizzy Gillespie, Gato Barbieri, Dave Grusin, Carly Simon, Tania Maria, Paquito D'Rivera, Michel Camilo, Eliane Elias, Michael Brecker, Bob Mintzer, Dave Samuels, Mike Stern, and Wayne Krantz
- Current band projects include the Saninde, Le Baby Macho, and the Franceschini/Goines/Ameen Trio
- Coauthor of the book and DVD Funkifying the Clave: Afro-Cuban Grooves for Bass and Drums (with drummer Robby Ameen)
- Contributing author, Bass Lessons with the Greats and The Collective Contemporary Styles Series: AFro-Caribbean and Brazilian Rhythms for the Bass
- Faculty member, the Bass Collective
In Their Own Words
"Ever since my high school days I've been on an endless and ever-changing search for ways to combine rhythm and harmony into a personal low-end language. For me, bass is a way of thinking, a way of life; I try to pass this passion on to my students. I share my years of experience on the New York jazz/Latin/studio scene, and the activities and instincts I've found useful in getting the music to groove and in keeping it there, regardless of the genre."
"I enjoy the challenges and rewards of teaching. Some of the things I like to tell students I've learned: The bass is first and foremost the heartbeat of the ensemble. Playing the bass is only a part of being a good bassist. Showing up and working hard are the foundational keys to success as a music pro. In addition to helping students bring all aspects of their playing to the highest level it can be, I focus on sound, accuracy, vocabulary, and developing the critical ear necessary for 'seeing' music from the eye of bass. My goal is to help them find their voice on the instrument, and also to prepare them for the actual gigging world."