- Career Highlights
- Former editor-in-chief at Current Musicology
- Published in Critical Voicings of Black Liberation: Resistance and Representations in the Americas, and Die Musik in Geschichte und Gegenwart
- B.A., Columbia University
- M.A., College of William & Mary
- M.Phil., Columbia University
In Their Own Words
"Since 2011, I've taught LMAS-255: American Music Industry, a one-semester historical survey of the music industry's history, focusing on moments of disruption—the introduction of sound recording, the birth of radio, and the rise of the mp3—to see how they influenced the development of the modern music industry. By focusing on these major paradigm shifts, students leave the class with a better sense of how the industry has weathered change, and what that might mean for the industry's future."