- Career Highlights
- Instruments include keyboards, the computer
- Wrote/produced records for or with Kathy Mattea (Sugar Hill Records), Res (EOne), Jeremiah Abiah (Universal Republic), Elephant Wrecking Ball (Ropeadope), Rita Boudreau (independent), Josh London (independent), Otis Vidale (independent), Illus (independent), and Andrew Yang (independent)
- Collaborators include Miles Robertson (Adele, Alicia Keys, Yamaha Artist), John Oates (Hall & Oates), Niclas Lundin (Scandinavian Songs, Imagem), Ari Raskin (Wyclef Jean, Kanye West, Whitney Houston), Paul Wilson (SZA, Lauryn Hill, Outasight), Scarlet Keys (Berklee), Scott Flynn (Pretty Lights, John Brown's Body, Elephant Wrecking Ball)
- Appeared on Adam 'Illus' Walenta's All Love (2012), Sons and Daughters (2009), Kon Boogie's My Glorious Imperfection (2013), and Doc J's Genie (2013)
- Recordings with Kathy Mattea, A Matter of Time; Otis Marlon, Let Me Put You On and Phone Sex; Rita Boudreau, Flux (cowriter/producer); Andrew Yang, Queenie Havoc (cowriter/producer)
- Recordings as Erin Barra include Soul Revolutions (independent), Illusions (Blackheart Records), Comma (independent), Undefined (independent), Redefined (Blend Records)
- One of the leading Product Specialists for Berlin based software company, Ableton Live, and is currently the only female who holds this position
- Specializing in digital integration into creative writing/production and live stage settings Erin works as a freelancer/consultant in NY
- Creator and educator of Beats by Girlz, an education course designed to empower young women in music technology by providing them with the guidance, access, tools, and support to develop their interests, and ultimately their ability to pursue career opportunities, in music production, composition, and engineering
- Writer/blogger for several publications including SonicScoop, American Songwriter, Brooklyn Bodega, The Purple Fig, and Limelight Magazine
- B.M., Berklee College of Music
In Their Own Words
"My teaching style is engaging. I like to make things fun and get everyone involved in the learning experience. One of my top priorities is making sure I give my students everything I can to prepare them for working in the current state of the music industry. I want students to leave my class feeling like they've learned useful new skills, which they are inspired to use in their writing and creative process. Additionally, I want to give them perspective and guidance in regards to their post-Berklee careers."
"Besides being one of the only songwriting programs in the world, Berklee's program provides its students not only with a fantastic curriculum and educators but with real-world opportunities. My career, and those of many of my peers, is true testimony to its success. I've been working in the industry since the day I left Berklee in 2006, and besides having the experience of 'been there, done that' as a songwriter/producer/engineer, I've been teaching and collaborating all over the United States and writing curriculum since 2011. I believe my ability to focus on education while maintaining a vibrant career is rare, and the two paradigms support each other rather than detracting from each other."