- Career Highlights
- Producer, Berklee High School Jazz Festival
- Author and composer, Warner Brothers/Alfred Publishing, and author, Jossey-Bass, Music Educators National Conference/National Association for Music Education, JazzTimes.com, Massachusetts Music Educators Association
- Experienced clinician and presenter in most U.S. states and worldwide in countries such as Brazil, Estonia, Japan, Malaysia, and Mexico, among others
- Experienced preK–12 music educator and arts leader (Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Virginia)
- Primary research advisor for 50+ doctoral dissertations, master's degree theses, and research/teaching projects
- Former president, founding member, and member of the board of directors, Association for Popular Music Education
- Member of the board of directors, Jazz Education Network, and of the review board, Country Music Association Teacher of Excellence Awards
- Chair, executive, and member of the advisory boards, Spotify for Education
- Cochair, Spotify/Berklee EQL Studio Residency Program
- Former associate dean for graduate studies, professor of music education, and Shenandoah Singers Vocal Jazz Ensemble director at Shenandoah Conservatory
- Ph.D. and M.M., Temple University, music education research
- B.M., University of Massachusetts at Lowell, music education and vocal performance (dual)
- Certificate, Harvard University, management and leadership in education
- Certificate, Harvard University, crisis leadership and management in higher education
In Their Own Words
"The Professional Education Division at Berklee College of Music includes five departments: music business/management, music education, music therapy, professional music, and the liberal arts. Our students are in all corners of the music industry as entrepreneurs, teachers, therapists, performers, managers, promoters, and more."
"Our unique curriculum in music and the liberal arts is something that we're proud of, and that we've been building. The professional instruction in music business, music education, and music therapy includes lots of real world experiences and prepares students for rewarding careers. In addition, the liberal arts have become an equal partner with the music instruction we offer—creating a connected and complete educational journey for students."
"What I absolutely love about this job is that I lead five diverse departments. I work with an impressive collection of faculty and staff who seriously care about the students. We support each other in a wonderful way, and together create experiences that make Berklee such a dynamic place. I've really enjoyed a rich career helping teachers and students, and I am fortunate to have the chance to keep providing opportunities to help support the next generation of artists."