"It’s about delivering the goods. Whether you are a vocalist, instrumentalist, lyricist, producer, accompanist, or orchestrator, it’s about identifying what you need to do to make something the best it can be, then doing it and delivering on time with a smile on your face! We can all envision what it might be like to 'live the dream' in the world of music, and by consistently delivering high-quality work you will get closer to that dream. Every time you deliver the goods, it will be noticed, and not by just the folks in the immediate area. Word travels real fast when someone is identified as the go-to person."
"I do my best to help students identify their strengths then challenge themselves to work outside their comfort zone and collaborate. I have found a team-oriented approach to be a fast track to sustained success in the field of songwriting for film and TV. Not only can collaborations result in more successful creative endeavors, but each time a writing or production partner is pleased with the results, you will become a part of their network. This simple act of collaboration will lead to more opportunities for the student as an independent writer or as a willing partner in future projects."
"Ultimately, what’s important to me is that students remain open to suggestions and open to new writing possibilities for the rest of their lives. This is a very fluid environment that we’re in and you can’t just hold to one approach or one set of tools. The only thing they should hold on to is doing the best work that they possibly can with the time that they have. That wins above everything else, and the rest will fall into place."
- Master's degree, management, Cambridge College
- Plays piano and keyboards
- Member of the George Russell Living Time Orchestra and the Boston Pops Esplanade Orchestra
- Has performed with the Boston Pops, George Russell, Rebecca Parris, Mike Metheny, Sheila Jordan, Susan Tedeschi, James Taylor, Patti LaBelle, Warren Haynes, Martina McBride, Kristin Chenoweth, and many others.
- Has recorded with the Boston Pops with John Williams and Keith Lockhart, George Russell, Mordy Ferber, Martin Sexton, Meg Hutchinson, Susan Werner, Lori McKenna, and Nando Lauria.
- Emmy Award winner, 2006; Emmy Award nominee, 2010.
- Songs have appeared in dozens of network primetime shows and feature films including NCIS, the Sopranos, Glee, Borat, Iron Man 2, and many more.