Bora Uslusoy was born and raised in Istanbul, Turkey, and has been living in Boston since 2017. For many years, Uslusoy has produced bands and worked as a recording and mixing engineer. His independent digital music label and project studio is called bUMA RecordZ, and he has two solo albums and two singles released under his own name. In addition, he has written music for films.
Uslusoy studied guitar at the Musicians Institute: College of Contemporary Music in London and completed Berklee Online's Studio Production Specialist Certificate program. He attended Avid’s Train the Trainer program, becoming an Avid certified Pro Tools instructor in 2011. The same year, he was also certified as a Steinberg trainer for Cubase; he was one of the first people in Europe to accomplish this. He is the author of five instructional books on guitar and bass in Turkish and countless magazine articles, product reviews, and how-to guides. In addition, he has written about 20 online courses in both Turkish and English, including a course on social media analytics for Qunnipiac University and a course about taking your on-campus course online, among others.
- Career Highlights
- Instruments include voice, guitar, and bass
- Numerous live performances and multiple studio recordings as a solo artist
- Owner and producer at bUMA RecordZ, working with many independent bands and musicians
- Founding director of Modern Müzik Akademisi–Istanbul (2005–2012)
- Author of the five most popular guitar instruction books in Turkey, with 19 printings in total and sales of over 20,000 copies
- Avid-certified Pro Tools instructor
- Steinberg-certified Cubase trainer
- Gold Award, Musicians Institute: College of Contemporary Music, London, Guitar Institute of Technology
- M.A., Beykent University, media and communication systems
- B.A., Istanbul University, business administration
In Their Own Words
"I would love my students to enjoy my classes as much as I do while I teach because producing music is the most fulfilling activity. It's amazing how we can now craft our art by mixing acoustic and electronic instruments with all the other sounds in the universe, all by ourselves or collaborating with others, whether they are sitting next to us or on the other end of the internet."
"I've worn many hats professionally, and I still do. A guitar player, singer, bassist, songwriter, bandleader, arranger, composer, recording engineer, mixer, producer, label owner, music teacher, mentor, school director, and entrepreneur: all of that makes me a holistic thinker. I am happy to share all the knowledge and experience I have gained through the years."