Important Information on Safety, Breaks and Housing
As students prepare for a break, we share a few safety reminders to empower students to keep themselves and their belongings safe.
When preparing to leave, students should remember to:
- take valuables home or store them out of sight;
- close and lock doors and windows;
- secure bicycles indoors;
- unplug electronics; and
- bring luggage, instruments, and other valuables in from the car overnight.
While traveling, students should remember to:
- refrain from displaying valuable accessories or jewelry;
- be aware of surroundings while talking or typing on the phone;
- keep close track of belongings in public places such as beaches or shows;
- carry the minimum amount of cash necessary each day;
- secure cash, credit cards, passports, keys, etc. in a money belt or pouch rather than a back pocket;
- exercise caution around new acquaintances and stay in groups;
- keep hotel keys, car, ID, and valuables secure;
- account for friends when changing locations;
- follow all local, state, and federal laws, including those pertaining to alcohol and drugs; and
- designate a sober driver and limit drinking to a level that supports functioning and awareness of surroundings.
If there is anything that Berklee’s Parent Office can do to assist you or your student, please don’t hesitate to contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 617 747-2231. We welcome your communication and wish you and your student a wonderful spring!
Housing Information for 2014
If your student lives on campus, the Housing department has shared some helpful information with your student that we’d like to pass along to you as well. Spring recess officially begins on Friday, March 14. That Friday’s dinner will be the last meal served before the cafeteria closes for the break. The first meal after the break will be dinner on Sunday, March 23, 2014.
Practice rooms in 150 and 160 Massachusetts Avenue will be available on a limited basis.
If your student will be living in the dorms for the next academic year, a $300 prepayment fee is due (along with a completed application). The payment can be made the week of March 24; the final day for payment will be Friday, April 4, 2014 at 5:00 p.m. ET.