Principal instrument study level 7 woodwind.
Principal instrument study level 8 woodwind.
Private instruction is part of the performance core for all Berklee students. Through private instruction, students develop proficiency on their principal instrument, synthesize and integrate knowledge of contemporary and traditional styles into musical interpretation, and synthesize and integrate knowledge of posture and instrumental technique into their daily practice routines. All Berklee students take private instruction levels one through four on their principal instruments. Performance majors continue on to do levels five through eight.
The Woodwinds Department instruction emphasizes a solid foundation in the standard technical challenges of professional performance. This includes the basics—breathing, embouchure, articulation—as well as theoretical studies involving scales, chords, arpeggios, and repertoire. In addition, advanced styles, improvisation, and interpretation are studied.
- PIWD-111: Private Instruction 1 – Woodwinds
- PIWD-112: Private Instruction 2 – Woodwinds
- PIWD-211: Private Instruction 3 – Woodwinds
- PIWD-212: Private Instruction 4 – Woodwinds
- PIWD-311: Private Instruction 5 – Woodwinds
- PIWD-312: Private Instruction 6 – Woodwinds
- PIWD-411: Private Instruction 7 – Woodwinds
- PIWD-412: Private Instruction 8 – Woodwinds