Stats on the Class of 2014
May 9, 2014
Berklee's graduates hail from all over the world. Here's a snapshot of the class of 2014 by the numbers.
- How many graduates? 886
- How many women graduates? 287 (32 percent)
- How many men graduates? 599 (68 percent)
- How many countries are represented? 66 (including Hong Kong and Taiwan)
- What's the percentage of graduates from outside of the United States? 32 percent
- Which countries beyond the U.S. have the most graduates?
South Korea (47)
- How many U.S. states are represented? 45 (including the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico)
- What U.S. state has the most graduates?
New York (44)
- States with only one graduate each: Idaho, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Utah, and West Virginia
- What U.S. city has the most graduates?
Los Angeles (14)
San Francisco (10)
- How many graduates are from the diploma program? 89 students
- How many graduates are from the degree program? 797 students
- How many graduates are dual majors? 111 students
- How many graduates are single majors? 775 students
- What are the three most popular majors?
Professional Music (200)
Music Business/Management (123)
- How old are the oldest and youngest graduates?
Oldest: 47 (born 1967)
Youngest: 20 (born 1994)
- What are the three most popular years of birth?
- What are the three most popular instruments?
- What are the most common first names for men and women?
Men: Matthew (14), Alexander (13), Zachary (13), Daniel (11), Joseph (11), and Michael (11)
Women: Sarah (7), Christine (4), Hannah (4), Rachel (4), Rebecca (4), and Samantha (4)
Statistics were provided by Sarah Landry, graduation and curriculum coordinator.