Berklee closed Monday, October 29, due to Hurricane Sandy
Berklee is closed Monday, October 29, due to Hurricane Sandy.
Berklee College of Music continues to monitor forecasts and reports regarding Hurricane Sandy as it travels north along the East coast of the United States. Current models from the National Weather Service call for Sandy to make landfall on the East coast Monday near New Jersey. As the storm progresses inland, the New England area may experience sustained winds and strong rain increasing from Sunday afternoon through Wednesday, with the most severe weather occurring Sunday night into Tuesday. Berklee.edu will be updated with additional information as it becomes availalbe. You can be sure that we will be taking precautions as advised by the governor, the mayor, the Federal Emergency Management Agency, and the Mayor's Office of Emergency Management. The safety and well-being of all our students, residents and nonresidents, has always been and will continue to be a top priority.
- Communicate with friends and family to let them know how you are doing. If you plan on being away, let someone know where you can be reached.
- Furniture, bicycles, and other property in outside areas or on balconies should be secured or brought indoors. Consider moving your vehicles away from trees and poor draining/low lying areas.
- Remember to keep your wallet and cell phone with you at all times.
- Prepare an emergency kit to include items such as water, snacks, a flashlight, extra batteries, first aid supplies, and prescription medications.
- Monitor this website and local media (current for information on the storm: the Boston Globe, Boston Herald, and media sources listed on our Closings page).
- More information about Hurricane Sandy is available on the National Weather Service's website.
- Familiarize yourself with the terms that are used to identify a hurricane.
- Hurricane Watch: A hurricane is possible within 48 hours.
- Hurricane Warning: A hurricane is expected to arrive within 36 hours or less.
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA).
- Download the free Red Cross Hurricane App for your smartphone.