Alumni Earn Emmy Nominations
The National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences nominated 10 Berklee alumni for a total of 12 Primetime Emmy Awards. The nominees were recognized for their outstanding contributions to hit television productions including Game of Thrones, COSMOS, Boardwalk Empire, and others. The 66th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards will be held on August 25 and broadcast on CBS at 8:00 p.m. ET.
Outstanding Music Composition for a Miniseries, Movie, or a Special
- Robert Mathes '84, Music by - Herblock: The Black & The White
Outstanding Music Composition for a Series
- Ramin Djawadi '98, Music by - Game of Thrones, "The Mountain and the Viper"
- Alan Silvestri '70, Music by - COSMOS: A Spacetime Odyssey, "Standing Up in the Milky Way"
Outstanding Original Main Title Theme Music
- Alan Silvestri '70, Theme by - COSMOS: A Spacetime Odyssey
Outstanding Sound Editing for a Series
- Roland S. Vajs '95, Sound Editor - Boardwalk Empire, "White Horse Pike"
Outstanding Sound Editing for a Miniseries, Movie, or a Special
- Skye Lewin '02, Music Editor - Fargo, "The Crocodile's Dilemma"
Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series (Half-Hour)
- Bill MacPherson '84, Production Mixer - Veep, "Detroit"
Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Variety Series or Special
- John Harris '77, Broadcast Music Mixer - The 56th Grammy Awards
- Pablo Munguia '97, Playback Mixer - The 56th Grammy Awards
- Pablo Munguia '97, Pro Tools Mixer - The Oscars
- Tim Hatayama '06, Music Mix Recordist - The Voice, "Episode 619A"
Outstanding Sound Mixing for Nonfiction Programming
- David Torres '76, Foley mixer - COSMOS: A Spacetime Odyssey, "Standing Up in the Milky Way"
Liz Lupton is a publicist in the Office of Media Relations. Media inquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org.