Alumni Nominated for Ten Emmy Awards
Berklee College of Music alumni Alf Clausen, Trey Parker, Daniel Colman, Pablo Munguia, Brian Riordan, and David Van Slyke have been nominated for a total of ten 2009 Primetime Emmy Awards. Exemplifying the impact of Berklee's multifaceted alumni in varied areas of the music industry, the nominees are recognized for their work on hit shows including The Simpsons, South Park, Battlestar Galactica, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, and the Super Bowl Half-Time Show.
Riordan, who has been nominated six times in the past, racked up another four nominations this year for his work on Flight of the Conchords, the 81st Annual Academy Awards, and American Idol. Clausen, a two-time Emmy winner for his work on The Simpsons, was nominated for the 29th time. This year marks the ninth nomination for South Park creator Parker.
The 2009 Creative Arts Emmy Award—where many of these honors will be handed out—take place Saturday, September 12, at the NOKIA Theatre in Los Angeles. The awards show, hosted by Kathy Griffin, will air as a two-hour special on E! Entertainment Television. The 61st Annual Primetime Emmy Awards will air live on Sunday, September 20, at 8:00 p.m. on CBS.
Berklee alumni Emmy Award nominees:
Outstanding Music Composition for a Series (Original Dramatic Score)
- The Simpsons, "Gone Maggie Gone" (FOX), Gracie Films in Association with 20th Century Fox Television—Alf H. Clausen '66, Music By
Outstanding Animated Program (for programming less than one hour)
- South Park Margaritaville Comedy Central, South Park Studios–Trey Parker '88, Executive Producer, Directed by, Written by
Outstanding Sound Editing for a Series
- Battlestar Galactica, "Daybreak (Part 2)" (Syfy), R&D TV in association with Universal Cable Productions—Daniel Colman '95, Supervising Sound Editor / Sound Designer
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, "Mascara" (CBS), A CBS Paramount Network Television production in association with Jerry Bruckheimer Television—David Van Slyke '82, Sound Effects Editor
Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Comedy or Drama Series (Half-Hour) and Animation
- Flight of the Conchords, "Unnatural Love" (HBO) Dakota Pictures and Comedy Arts in association with HBO Entertainment—Brian Riordan '95, Re-Recording Mixer
Outstanding Sound Mixing for a Variety or Music Series or Special
- 81st Annual Academy Awards (ABC), Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences—Pablo Munguia '97, Music Playback Mixer; Brian Riordan '95, Pre-Production Packages Mixer
- American Idol, "Finale" (FOX), FremantleMedia N.A., Inc. & 19TV Ltd.—Brian Riordan '95, Pre-Production Packages Mixer
- Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band Super Bowl Halftime Show (NBC), NFL Network, White Cherry Entertainment in association with Don Mischer Productions—Pablo Munguia '97, Music Playback Mixer
Outstanding Sound Mixing for Nonfiction Programming
- American Idol, "801/02," (FOX) FremantleMedia N.A., Inc. & 19TV Ltd.—Brian Riordan '95, Re-Recording Mixer