Withdrawing from Courses

The deadline to drop a course from a schedule is the fifth day of classes. After the drop deadline has passed, students may withdraw from a course by submitting a Student Initiated Withdrawal from a Class form at the Office of the Registrar. A withdrawn course will remain on a transcript with a grade of “W” (Withdrawn) and is not eligible for a tuition refund or a replacement course.  

Please note: If you receive financial aid or veterans’ benefits, withdrawal from a course(s) may reduce your eligibility for aid. If you are an international student, withdrawal from a course(s) may jeopardize your F-1 Visa status. 

The deadlines for withdrawing from a course are July 21, 2017, for summer 2017 and November 9, 2017, for fall 2017.

Withdrawal from the College

Students who wish to withdraw from the college anytime after completing the check-in process are required to complete a Withdrawal from the College form in order to be officially withdrawn from the term. There are three locations where students can do this:

  1. U.S. citizens (or permanent residents) who are withdrawing from the college for any reason other than a medical or mental health issue should go to the Office of the Registrar.
  2. International students who are withdrawing from the college for any reason should contact their international advisor. Please note that international students in F-1 status will affect their immigration status by withdrawing from the college, so these students should consult International Student Services prior to submitting a Withdrawal from the College form.
  3. Students withdrawing from the college for medical or mental health reasons will need to submit medical documentation and should go to the Personal Counseling office.

Students withdrawing by the end of the fourth week of either the fall or spring semester are entitled to a credit of part of their tuition on the basis of assessing 20 percent of the semester’s tuition per week of attendance. After the fourth week, no credit will be made. No deduction is made for temporary absence, nor is any credit granted if you are suspended, dismissed, or leave the college without officially withdrawing. 

Financial aid awards may be prorated upon withdrawal from the college. Contact the Office of Student Financial Services for more information.