Credit by Exam
Students seeking to obtain Credit By Exam (CBX) for a course should apply to the course chair who is the final source of determination. The following limitations and stipulations apply:
- A minimum grade of B must be earned in the exam and/or project assignments for CBX to be awarded.
- Any necessary adding or dropping of courses due to obtaining CBX must be completed by the add/drop deadline.
- CBX is not available for courses in which both proficiency and participation are the criteria for credit.
- CBX is not available for courses in which a student has received a grade of “I”, “F”, or “IF”.
- In order to graduate, participation is required in a minimum of 60 credits (degree), or 48 credits (diploma).