After You Register

Payment of Tuition

For all information related to student accounts such as tuition and fees, tuition payment plan (Tuition Management Systems) and other methods of payment, third party scholarships, refund checks and overpayment of tuition fees, the college’s collection policy, and more, visit

Nonpayment of Tuition and Fees Collection Policy

By registering for classes at Berklee, you acknowledged financial responsibility for the charges and fees assessed to your student account. You are also responsible for any additional costs related to your enrollment at the college. Student account balances are to be paid in full by the due date published. The student will be notified by email and home mailing address of any unpaid balance on the account. The student is also expected to periodically check their online account for any additional charges or loss/reduction in aid that resulted in an unpaid balance.

After the semester notices will be sent to the home mailing address advising the student of their unpaid balance. If payment has not been received once a semester has ended, that account will be considered delinquent and in default. Should it be necessary to place a delinquent account with an outside collection agency, the student will be responsible to reimburse the college for any collection agency fees, which may be based on a percentage at a maximum of 50 percent of the debt, and all costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, we incur in such collection efforts.

All payments that are received after the published deadline for any given semester will be subject to a $250 late payment fee.

Financial Aid

There are many Berklee policies that may impact your eligibility for financial aid. All aid applicants should familiarize themselves with the following guidelines:

  • All financial aid awards are based on full-time enrollment (12 credits). If you are enrolled for fewer than twelve credits, your aid may be reduced or canceled at the end of the add/drop period;
  • Financial aid applicants must continue to make Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) in order to remain eligible for both federal and institutional financial aid; 
  • Pending aid cannot be credited to a student’s account. Please check your Berklee email account as the Office of Student Financial Services sends emails to students indicating what documents or forms are outstanding. Information regarding awards and outstanding documents is also available on (login required). Most items that we request may be downloaded from; and
  • Students are required to complete an exit interview session per federal regulations if they withdraw from the college for any reason (i.e. graduation, withdrawal during the semester, or simply do not return to the college) or enroll for less than six credits. For loan repayment information, contact the Office of Student Financial Services

For more details regarding how your enrollment affects your financial aid eligibility, Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP), student loan requirements and other policies, please visit or walk in and meet with a financial aid counselor from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. For financial aid-related matters, please contact the Office of Student Financial Services at 617-747-2274 or at

Student Health Insurance

To help students maintain their wellbeing, Berklee sponsors a Student Health Insurance Plan (SHIP). All registered students taking more than two credit hours are automatically enrolled in, and charged for, Berklee’s SHIP, which is underwritten by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts and administrated by Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk. Massachusetts requires that students participate in the school-sponsored plan or demonstrate coverage by a comparable plan. 

Coverage for students beginning in the spring term will be from January 1, 2017 to August 14, 2017. 

Full coverage details are available at

To waive the SHIP, students must demonstrate comparable coverage each academic year. The waiver is submitted online through the Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk website.

For spring entering students, the deadline for submitting a request to waive Berklee’s SHIP is February 3, 2017. 

Not all plans are acceptable, such as out-of-state Medicaid or HMO plans. To be comparable to the SHIP, alternate plans must provide full coverage in Massachusetts, not just for urgent care or emergencies. All plans must be in compliance with the Affordable Care Act. 

International students cannot waive coverage unless insured through one of the following:

  1. A parent/guardian/spouse’s health insurance plan offered through a U.S. employer;
  2. Select government-sponsored programs; or
  3. Mass Health or a plan purchased through the Massachusetts Health Connector. 

If you have any questions or would like to speak with a customer service representative, please contact Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk at 1-800-391-8057 or by going to and clicking on the Customer Service link.