Insurance ID Cards
Printed insurance ID cards
Insurance ID cards are mailed directly to students by Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS). Cards are sent after our insurance administrator confirms student enrollment, which occurs after the waiver period has ended in mid-September.
BCBS will use the address on file with the Berklee Registrar. If the Berklee Registrar only has your home address (instead of your local address), the ID card will be sent to the your home address. You will need to have your cards forwarded to you from your home address, or you will need to update your local address with the Registrar. You can also update your address by contacting our insurance administrator, Gallagher Student Health.
Electronic ID cards
You may also now electronically access your insurance ID card through the BCBS app. In order to download your ID card and access other services through the MyBlue member app, you will need your BCBS member ID number. To get your BCBS member ID number, you should:
- Go to www.gallagherstudent.com/berklee;
- Under "My Account" click on "Account Home;"
- Log in to your account and write down your "Claims ID number" (this is your BCBS member ID number); and
- Go to the App Store or Google Play and download the MyBlue Member app. You will then be prompted to enter your BCBS member ID number upon setting up the app.
If you are having difficulty logging in to www.gallagherstudent.com, please contact Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk at 1-800-391-8057, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST or LiveChat at www.gallagherstudent.com/berklee from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST.
If you need to see a doctor or fill a prescription before you receive your ID card, you have a few options.
- Log on to Gallagher Student Health, and download a Verification Letter. Print this and bring it with you. The letter functions in the same way as an ID card.
- You can request that Gallgher Student Health send you a copy of the Verification Letter. Call Customer Service at 800-391-8057.
- Inform the provider or pharmacy that you have Blue Cross Blue Shield Student Blue PPO health insurance through Berklee. They can call Gallagher Student Health to confirm your eligibility at 800-391-8057.
No. The same insurance ID card (or Verification Letter) should be presented when picking up prescription medications.
If you are under 18, you are entitled to dental coverage through the Student Health Insurance Plan. Therefore, a separate dental care card was sent to you. If you are over 18 or turn 18 during the plan year, you are only eligible for dental coverage in the case of an accident or injury.
For additional questions regarding the status of your ID card or to request a replacement, call Blue Cross Blue Shield at 888-753-6615 or Gallagher Student Health at 800-391-8057.