I-20/F-1 Visa Information

All students from outside the United States who plan to attend Berklee as full-time student will first need to receive a form I-20 from Berklee in order to apply for an F-1 student visa at the U.S. embassy/consulate that serves their areas.

How do I apply for a Berklee I-20?

  • Step 1: Pay the tuition deposit to confirm your intention to enroll at Berklee. Berklee College of Music students, click here for more information on how to pay your tuition deposit. Boston Conservatory at Berklee students, pay your tuition deposit through your admissions portal. MEIP students, reference your email from Zoho to view and pay your tuition deposit.
  • Step 2: Download and complete the I-20 request forms.
  • Step 3: Send your completed I-20 request forms and supporting documents to the Office of Admissions via fax at 617-747-2047 or email at eo@berklee.edu.

Financial documents to support your I-20 request must be dated within nine months of your I-20 request.

Please Note

  • Applying for an I-20 and F-1 visa will take several weeks. It is very important to send in your I-20 request forms and supporting financial documents as early as possible. You will not be able to begin your studies at Berklee until you have obtained both a Berklee I-20 and F-1 visa.

  • Please do not submit I-20 information unless you are an accepted and deposited student. Any applications for non-accepted students will be discarded.

Although applicants for F-1 visas are given priority for visa interview appointments, you must consider the time it will take to process your visa and return your passport to you. Check the visa waiting times for each U.S. embassy/consulate.

Please contact the Office of Admissions with any questions.